Friday, July 1, 2011

Ocean and Farm :)

Today, I had a meeting for one of my classes, Outdoor Pursuits.  In the class we are going to surf, scuba dive, sail, and kayak.  I am very excited, and my teacher seems very cool.  After that the girl that I met from Sweden, Elina, has some friends who works on a farm near us, so they came and picked us up, and we went to Emu Park.  This was a park right by the ocean.  It was really beautiful, but crazy windy.  Kind of made things not as enjoyable.  The dinig hall will make you a sack lunch if you let them know you wont be there.  So we got a lunch made, and ate by the water.  The wind made it kind of difficult but it was still nice.
Here I am in front of the ocean.  As you can see it was very windy.  Which also may the ocean a yucky brown color :( 
 Elina and I on the Look Point at the park
 This statue was at the top of the look out place....
 Australia <3

 The ocean :)

After the beach, we went to the farm that Elina's friends work on.  They had everything.  From goats, to chickens, to pigs, to horses, to camels, to llamas, to dogs and cats.  It was fun to walk around and see all the different animals and help feel them.  My favorite was Gustav and little black goat whose mom abandoned him.  So he hung out with the humans and dogs, and thought he was one of us too! :)
This is Gustav :)
 He followed us everywhere :)
 They even had 4 camels....
 The horses were helping each other out
 I made a new friend :)
 So it was a fun day, and it was really nice to get off campus for a bit.  This weekend we have orientation, which i dont think will be so fun :(  But I think on Sunday we are planning on going to Yapoon Beach, which is a really beautiful beach ab out 30 mins north of here, so that should be very fun! I will keep this updated!

No comments:

Post a Comment