Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Settling in....

Well I am settling in pretty good.  When I first got here, there were not many other people here, so I  did not have many people to talk to.  Yesterday I met another International student from Sweden, Elina. We had just both gotten to the country, so we knew how each other felt, so we got along instantly.  Today we made a trip to the "Shopping Fair" aka Mall.  We had to take the bus which was an experience, because we weren't sure which one we had to get on...but we got there.  We each had a list of things that we needed, so it was nice to be able to get everything. I also got my permanent room assignment, so i got all moved in to it.  It was nice to finally unpack and not live out of my suitcases!  Its also very cool becuase right outside my door/window a family or whatever of kangaroos like to hang out.  It is very cool to just look outside and see them hanging out :)  I was going to post a couple pictures but for some reason it wont let me...so I will get some new pics up later! :)


2 comments:

  1. hey Lauren - glad to see you made it & are starting to settle in! Love the kangaroo pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WE WANT TO PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Keep posting, like to hear what you're doing!

    ReplyDelete