Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Weekend and 1st day of Classes

Well even though I didnt have a 3 day weekend like all you people back home, we still had a pretty fun weekend.  Saturday was not anything special.  We had another day of orintation, but it was all just a repeat of what we had already went over, so a couple of the other girls and I skipping out on the last couple sessions.  The night we just decided to hang out in the Common room.
I am not really sure why we decided this would be fun... :)
All of us :)

  On Sunday we had planned to go to Yeppoon to the beach.  But we found out that the college or "Res" as they call it here were planning a Res wide trip to the pub.  The had a bus to take us there and everything.  So if we wanted to go, we couldnt go to the beach.  So we decided we wanted to that, so we decided we would go to the mall instead.  So we plan it all out, with the bus schedule and everything.  Walk to the bus stop, sit there for about 15 minutes.  When no buses came, we pulled out the schedule.  The buses only run Mon-Sat.  OPPS! :/  So we walk back to the res college, and hunt someone down with a car.  We were determined to go to the mall, since we all had things we needed.  Over an hour later, we finally had a ride to the mall.
Waiting and waiting.....and yes I am aware of how unattractive this picture is...
Finding some very...ummm...interesting fashions.....
After a fun day at the mall, we head back to campus to get ready for the night.  I am not really sure why people here go out soooo early, but the bus left for the pub at 6.  So we all ate dinner quickly, then headed off.  We went to a really nice bar accross town.  The only problem was that drinks were crazy expensive, so well I had one, then just hung out the rest of the night.  It was fun to get to meet everyone who lived on campus.  I met people from Australia, Japan, China, and Denmark.  So here are just a couple pictures from the night.
 The international students
 They had this window set up for the 4th, so obviously all the Americans had to get a picture!!
 Today was my first day of class.  I had 2 classes.  The first one I think is going to be kind of challenging, its a science class about genomes and genetics.  My other is the Conservation of Australia.  I think it should be a relatively easy class, but the only problem is, that my professor is Chinese and very hard to understand.  Hopefully my classes the rest of the week wont be to bad!  I will keep you updated!  Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment