Monday, June 20, 2011

T-3 Days

Well I leave in 3 days! I can not even believe that in 3 days I will be on my way to my new life for the next 4 months in Australia!  I am trying to pack my life away into 2 suitcases....not so easy.  I have space bagged, my sheets, towels, blankets, and pillows, and I am going to try and space bag the rest of my clothes.  It should be interesting to see how much I will actually be able to fit, and how much my imagination thinks I can fit :)  If you have any good advice...please let me know!

The part I think I am looking forward to the least is the plane ride.  4 hours to  LA, then around 16 hours to Brisbaine, then and 1 1/2 to Rockhampton.  I guess the good thing is that I wont have to stay on the same plane for 22 hours....if thats a good thing....  I have stocked up my Kindle, I have my Ipod, and my laptop,  and on the long ride, I will have my own TV, which will be nice.  Its kind of werid to think about, becuase Since I am flying east to west, and I in a way skipping time.  I will leave Chicago at 7PM, arrive in LA at 9PM on Friday June 24, then get into Australia on Sunday June 26.  I will at no point see Saturday June 25.  So everyone else needs to live it for me...lol.

Well if anyone has any good advice for this traveler please let me know!!  Otherwise I will see you in October!

1 comment:

  1. Start drinking a lot of water now. Drink at least 100 oz a day leading up to the flight and throughout the flights. I have flown to Korea and back 6 times and to Australia and back 4 times. The only time I didn't hydrate I got very ill. The flights go much faster than you realize. Just settle in and watch the movies! I'm so excited you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete