Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Scuba Diving Round 2


This last weekend I went and scuba dived again to finish up my license.  We had to do 4 total dives to get certified.  On Saturday, we got up early again, took the bus to the docks, and met Scott our instructor there.  We rode out to Keppel Island and got all of our stuff together, then headed back out to the reef.  It was another absolutely beautiful day to dive!  Sunny, warm and almost no current or waves, except on the 2nd dive.  On the first dive, we saw a couple small sting rays, and a huge sea snake, that had just had lunch, because you could see the bulge in his stomach from the fish.  I touched it, it was slimy...ick...haha.  What I didnt know until I got to the surface is that sea snakes, that one included, are one of the most poisonous snakes in the world...awesome! haha.  But I guess they are nice, and dont bite.  The second dive, as we were coming down, right below us, was 2 HUGE sting rays.  When I say huge I mean at least 10 feet long, and 5 feet wide.  At least.  It was crazy!  The second dive wasn't quite as enjoyable because of the strong current.  I had to work very hard to stay straight, so I used more air faster, so we didnt get to stay down as long.  But this reef was very cool.  It almost looked at if there were hundreds of spikes coming up.  It was crazy.  I'm sorry I dont have pictures, but the only guy who has an underwater camera is very protective of his pictures, so i havent gotten them.  But here are a few that I took on the boat ride back to the mainland.


No comments:

Post a Comment